Wednesday, July 21, 2010

20100721

Day one for morning pages.

I had a particularly ugly and depressing morning today. My daughter texted last night that she needed a ride to her community service hours. Annoyingly, she has to do community service because she shoplifted a $35 tee shirt from Target. So far, this mistake has cost me $1550, and counting.

Further, she lost her car as a result of being pulled over while driving under the influence. So I had to take her car away. As a result, she has no transportation.

She tells me she needs to be there at 8, meaning I have to pick her up at 7:40. Meaning I have to get up at 7.

Normally, I get up after at least 8, maybe even 9. So this is a big deal.

Anyway, I get up, drive down to her apartment and then get ready to text her saying I am here. I then notice she has texted me saying "just kidding". Now she doesn't want to go because she has found a lump. And she needs to get that checked out. Like that's some sort of an urgent big deal.

I completely went off on her. Got as irate and aggressive with her as I have ever gotten. By the time I got back home, I was in full blown "fuck it" mode. Deciding to forget about her, pretend she is not alive and so forth.

Then she proceeds to ask me why I am so mad.

You're kidding me, right? After several more exchanges during which she goes down to the urgent care facility and cannot get in to see a doctor, she calls me saying, "just kidding" again. Now she wants to go. So would I please come get her again.

So like the schlemiel that I am, I schlep myself back down to her apartment, pick her up and drive her all the way to far North Durham. During which she:
  1. Wants me to buy her art supplies.
  2. Wants me to buy her a scooter.
  3. Wants me to buy her lunch.
  4. Wants me to come back and pick her up tonight (because she has work).
  5. Gives me the full-blown run down on why she is mad at her former best friend who is now dating a guy that doesn't like Jeanae, so Emma, the former best friend, won't hang out with her anymore. And like she used to take Emma everywhere when she had a car. And now that Jeanae doesn't have a car and needs to be picked up, Emma is like totally ignoring her.
You get the idea.

I am now 3 1/2 hours into my day, totally bummed out, depressed, tired, and I simply want to go back to bed. But I have way too much work to do.

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment